Constipation is one of the most common digestion-related ailments that occurs to people from time to time. It leverages physical and mental discomfort on the people as it limits their number of bowel movements to less than three per week. In some cases, people may also experience no more than one bowel movement in a week. This could be an indication of a serious underlying health problem and patients are advised to seek medical help immediately.
What causes constipation?
Medical experts assert that constipation is typically a result of unhealthy food habits and an inefficient lifestyle that people tend to follow in present times. During the condition, the body tends to absorb excess water from the food in the digestive tract that often leads to the formation of dry, hard, dehydrated, and difficult to pass stool. Lack of fibre, excess consumption of fat, lack of exercising, changes in the eating routine, etc. are some of the potential causes of constipation. However, it is usually a minor ailment that can be treated easily with ayurvedic medicines for constipation or by consuming the best laxatives for constipation like KABZEND.
Furthermore, constipation can also be a result of dehydration. Medical experts claim that the human intestines utilize water for pushing the digestive waste through the system, converting it into a simpler form for easy elimination. Thus, people are suggested to drink at least 3 litres of water per day.
Nutritional experts suggest that people can also replace water with certain juices and herbal teas that are beneficial in treating the constipation symptoms and causes. Some of them include:
1. Mosambi Juice: It contains acids that aid in the removal of toxins from the bowel tract and provide immediate relief.
2. Pineapple Juice: Pineapple juice is a great source of bromelain, an enzyme that is known for improving the bowel function and controlling regularity.
3. Watermelon Juice: Watermelon contains a substantial amount of water. It keeps the body hydrated and aids in clearing the digestive tract.
4. Apple Juice: Apple juice contains sorbitol, a sugar alcohol that is known to regulate digestion. Moreover, apples are also rich in fibre content which further make them an effective remedy for constipation.
5. Peppermint tea: Peppermint induces a soothing effect of menthol that helps in relaxing an upset stomach. It also assists in the movement of stool through the intestine.
6. Ginger tea: Ginger tea is often recommended after heavy meals as it can be highly effective in treating constipation from poor digestion.
7. Senna tea: Senna is regarded as one of the best natural laxatives in Ayurveda. It contains glycosides that stimulate the digestive system and can relieve the problem of constipation.
8. Kefir: Kefir is a fermented milk drink and a great source of probiotics. It is known to soften the stool and stimulate the bowel movements.
Apart from the above-mentioned liquids, people can also decide on cucumber juice, lemon juice, orange juice, chamomile tea, dandelion tea, and black tea in order to get relief from the problem of constipation.